x Good portion of firm white. Coley, Cod, As well as others are good.
x tbsp of freshly Chopped Parsley
x tbsp of Oil (rapeseed, olive, or any other of your choice, but avoid the strong nut oils)
Salt and fresh rough ground Pepper
x OPTIONAL a small Red Chilli
A dusting of Flour or Semolina for the fish portions
1. Remove any bones and skin from the fish, blot dry and dust with flour or semolina.
2. Peel the garlic cloves and leave whole.
3. Heat an iron or heavy frying pan and add the oil. When smoking hot add the fish and garlic cloves and if using, the crushed chilli.
4. Turn the fish after a couple of minutes and turn off the heat but leaving the fishes in the pan with a lid on (any old lid will do, just so long as it extends the residual heat of the frying pan)
5. After about 8 minutes check the fish is cooked by carefully trying to separate the flakes of one of the pieces of fish, don't break it!
6. Squeeze the lemon juice over the fishes while leaving it in the frying pan and add the chopped parsley.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Allow to cool to room temperature for half an hour then cover and chill in the fridge until ready include in your picnic.
9. Eat with crusty bread or some salad.
10. A glass of dry white wine or Somerset cider will complete your private heaven.