x small stick of Celery
x large Shallots (or double if small)
A few sprigs of Parsley (chopped)
Salt and Pepper
1. Dice the carrot, shallot and celery quite small.
2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan that you have a lid for.
3. Gently fry the carrot, celery and shallot without colour for 5 minutes.
4. Add the garlic and cook for another 3 minutes.
5. Pour in the wine and season with a little salt and pepper.
6. Bring to a gentle simmer and then cover with a lid. Continue cooking for 10 to 12 minutes. You may need to stir occasionally and add a splash of water if the wine is reducing too much.
7. When the vegetables are soft add the mussels and cover with a lid. Cook for 5 minutes.
8. Add the tomato that you have diced to the same size as the other vegetables and cook for another minute.
9. When all the mussels have all opened throw in the chopped parsley, stir and serve.