x A good pinch of Salt
Vegetable Oil, for deep-frying
1. For the batter, sift the flour and salt together into a medium bowl.
2. Make a well in the centre add the lemonade, and then whisk from the centre outwards until smooth. Allow the batter to stand for a few minutes in a cool place.
3. Place the seasoned flour onto a plate and roll the fillets of fish in it until covered well. Dip the fish into the batter and carefully add to the hot oil to deep-fry for 5-6 minutes, or until crisp and golden.
4. Carefully remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
5. Serve with a wedge of lemon, homemade chips and a good quality tartar sauce.