A few glugs of Milk
g Strong Mature Cheddar (grated)
x tsp Chopped Fresh chives
x tsp Horseradish Sauce
g Panko Breadcrumbs (or ordinary breadcrumbs at a push)
Salt and Pepper
A Little Sunflower Oil (for frying)
1. Place the fish in a small roasting pan and add a few glugs of milk. Cover with foil and place in a preheated oven 170°c and cook for 12 minutes until the fish is just cooked.
2. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before draining any liquid of the fish.
3. Place the mash potato, egg, cheddar, horseradish chives and salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl and mix together well.
4. Then add the cooked fish, mix lightly and season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Put the breadcrumbs on a plate, shape the fishcake mixture into 4 equal cakes and roll in the breadcrumbs until evenly coated.
6. Place them on a plate that has been dusted with a few breadcrumbs, cover with cling film and chill them in the fridge for at least an hour.
7. To cook - heat a few glugs of oil in a frying pan and carefully add the fishcakes.
8. Fry for 6-7 minutes on each side until nicely browned and heated all the way to the centre. (should they brown too quickly pop them in the oven to finish cooking)
9. Serve with some dressed peppery leaves, a dollop of tartar sauce and a wedge of lemon.