mild and extra virgin olive oil
For the guacamole
x fresh red chillies, finely chopped
a few sprigs fresh coriander, finely sliced
x red onion, peeled and finely chopped
1. For the guacamole, remove skin and stone of the avocadoes and place in a bowl with the chilli, coriander, onion, tomato and lime juice. Mix everything together, season if required.
2. Put a griddle pan on a high heat to get nice and hot. Cut the tube down one side and open it out. Then lightly score every ½cm in a criss-cross fashion with a blunt knife. This means the squid will curl up and absorb extra flavour. With the tentacles just chop them into smaller bite sized pieces.
3. Season the squid and drizzle with a little olive oil, then toss to coat.
4. Add it to the hot griddle, scored-side down, for 1 to 2 minutes (you may need to do this in batches). Use tongs to turn the squid over once it has nice char marks. Give it a minute on the other side until it curls up, then in a bowl add splash of extra virgin olive oil, the lime juice and season.
5. Cut the squid tube into chunks, and serve piled on top of the guacamole.