A few sprigs of Parsley (chopped)
1. Start by trimming the fins from the plaice and preheat the oven to 170°c.
2. Heat half the butter in a large frying pan that has a metal handle and lay the plaice in the pan spotty side down.
3. Fry gently for 4 minutes then add the remaining butter and baste over each fish.
4. Put 2 teaspoons of capers on top of each fish and season with a few twists of black pepper.
5. Put the pan in the oven and bake for 6-8 minutes.
6. To serve carefully lift the fish with a fish slice and put onto warm plates.
7. Stir in half of the parsley into the butter left in the pan and spoon over the fish.
8. Sprinkle the rest of the parsley over the fish and garnish with a wedge of lemon.
9. This would be great served with some crushed new potatoes and asparagus spears.
10. The perfect wine to go with this would be a lightly oak Chardonnay