x onion finely chopped
x tablespoons of good quality olive oil
x teaspoon of mild curry paste (you can go hotter if you prefer)
Chopped parsley to sprinkle on
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes maximum
1. Place the fillets into a pan and pour water in that covers them. Bring the water to the boil, then reduce the heat to simmer for 8-10 minutes. The fish should flake easily.
2. Remove the fish and keep warm. Set aside the liquid left.
3. Heat the oil in a pan and add the onion and cook for 4 minutes, stirring regularly. You want it to soften but not caramelise. Stir in the curry paste and add the rice.
4. Add 600 ml (based on serving 4) of the smoked haddock cooking liquid then bring to a simmer and cover. Cook for about 10 minutes, by which time the rice should be tender and the water all absorbed.
5. Flake the fish and add it with the butter to the pan. Gently stir until the butter has melted.
6. Chop up the hard boiled eggs and add to the rice. Sprinkle with parsley and season to taste.