g frozen peas or petites pois
x large sprig of fresh mint leaves roughly chopped
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Prep Time 2 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes maximum
Preparation & Cooking Instructions
1. Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the peas. Bring back to the boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
2. Drain the peas and blitz them in a food processor with the mint leaves, butter and a pinch of salt. You may want to add a little of the pea water if the peas and too dry.
3. Season to your taste with salt and pepper and cover and keep warm.
4. Dry the scallops with kitchen towel and season well with salt and pepper. Heat a pan to high temperature and add the rest of the butter. Once the butter is really how add the scallops and sear them for 2 minutes on each side. They should be brown and crisp on the outside and soft and moist in the middle.
5. Spoon the pea puree onto plates and place the scallops on top - drizzle with a little olive oil and serve.