At Fish for Thought, we are on a mission to change the way people enjoy fish and shellfish forever. In order to achieve this, we recognise that we need to lead the way when it comes to sustainable and ethical sourcing.
This is one of our fundamental guiding principles, and we use it to challenge the status quo to help us make the right decisions.
As part of our new website launch, we have spent a lot of time reviewing the range of fish and shellfish that we offer. This has involved us spending time with organisations like The Marine Stewardship Council, The Cornwall Good Seafood Guide and The Marine Conservation Society. As a result, we are very excited to be offering you what we firmly believe to be the most sustainable and ethically sourced selection of fish and seafood available anywhere in the world. Not only that, we are now delivering it directly to you in our very own Fully Recyclable Packaging!
And that is the real key! Everyone talks about taking sustainability and ethical sourcing seriously, but we prefer to let our actions speak for us………..because we believe that doing the right thing is always the right thing!
Here are just some of the actions we have taken:
- We are a Key Supporter of Cornwall Good Seafood Guide
- We have stopped selling products where we are not comfortable with the associated farming practices, catch methods, provenance or sustainability of them
- We are a Sponsor of Lobster Hatchery Buy-One- Set-One Free Program
- We were ‘Highly Commended’ at Cornwall Sustainability Awards 2017, for Best Contribution to a Sustainable Food Economy
- Our salmon is RSPCA Assured & Certified
- We have developed a packaging solution that is Fully Recyclable
- We offer only native lobsters, and are proud that we never have (and never will) import inferior lobster from half-way round the world
- We support the British Fishing Industry, by sourcing directly from the very best boats and markets.