x drizzles of Olive Oil
x large ripe Vine Tomato (diced)
g Tinned Chick Peas (drained and rinsed)
x Mint Leaves (washed and chopped)
Salt and Pepper
x A squeeze of Lemon Juice
1. Take your mackerel and cut 4 deep diagonal cuts in each side.
2. Rub in a good coating of harrisa paste, place on a baking tray and drizzle with a little olive oil.
3. Bake in a pre-heated oven 180°c for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and use the juices to brush over the fish before serving.
4. Serve with this very simple but delicious salad. To make the salad place the cucumber, tomato, chick peas, mint, lemon juice, a drizzle of olive oil and a little salt and pepper. Toss the salad and serve with the hot spiced mackerel.
5. Try drinking something mellow, light and fruity with this dish, as anything too dry may not sit well with the spiciness. A nice cold Gewurztraminer from Alsace would be great.