, (weight after scaling & filleting)
g Potato (desiree or maris piper)
Smoked Paprika aioli (Makes more than enough for this recipe but keeps well in the fridge and is a good accompaniment to many dishes)
x pint vegetable oil
x tablespoon dijon mustard
x tablespoon white wine vinegar
x teaspoon smoked paprika
x clove roasted garlic
1. First you must salt the cod for at least half an hour; whilst the cod is curing you can set up a pan with the milk to boil.
2. After said time wash the cod and place in the boiled milk, leave to rest for about 10 minutes.
3. Next add the lemon zest and a spoon of olive oil to the cooked and crushed potato finally add the cod and mix, discarding the milk.
4. After the mix has cooled you can shape it into small balls and then coat in bread crumbs - deep fry to serve.
5. For the aioli - place the yolks, mustard, vinegar, garlic and paprika in to a bowl and start whisking, slowly start pouring in the vegetable oil until emulsified, perhaps occasionally letting down with a little cold water .
6. Finally place the mackerel skin up under the grill with a bit of salt and olive oil until the skin crisps up.
7. Deep fry the croquettes and place on a towel to dry.
8. Arrange all components on a plate and serve.